Sanitary ball valve is a basic type of sanitary valves. The Pneumatic ball valves are ball valves with pneumatic actuators, whose execution speed is relatively fast (the fastest switch speed is 0.05 seconds/time), so it is also called pneumatic quick cutting ball valve. Pneumatic ball valves are specifically classified as stainless steel pneumatic ball valves, plastic pneumatic ball valves, sanitary pneumatic ball valves, carbon steel pneumatic ball valves, etc.
How to maintain the pneumatic ball valve?
* Before use, the pneumatic ball valve should be cleaned by water to prevent iron scraps and other debris from entering the body cavity.
* When the ball valve is closed, there is still some residual medium in the valve body, which also bears certain pressure. Before servicing the ball valve, close the shutoff valve in front of the ball valve, open the ball valve that needs to be repaired, and completely release the pressure inside the valve body. If it is an electric ball valve or pneumatic ball valve, the power supply and air source should be disconnected first.
* Generally speaking, the soft sealing ball valve uses tetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) as the sealing material, the hard sealing ball valve sealing surface is made of metal surfacing. If cleaning the pipe ball valve is required, care should be taken to prevent leakage by damaging the sealing ring during removal.
* When the flange ball valve is disassembled, the bolts and nuts on the flange shall be fixed first, then all the nuts shall be tightened slightly, and finally fixed with strength. If the individual nuts are firmly fixed first, and then other nuts are fixed, the flange surface will be damaged or broken due to inhomogeneity between the flange faces, resulting in leakage of valve flange docking media.
* If the valve is cleaned, the solvent used must not conflict or corrode with the fittings to be cleaned. If it is a special ball valve for gas, then gasoline can be used to clean, and other parts can generally be cleaned with water. The dirt, oil and other attachments should be thoroughly cleaned when cleaning. If it cannot be cleaned with water, it can be cleaned with alcohol and other cleaning agents without damaging the valve body and parts. After the cleaning, the cleaning agent will be completely volatilized before assembling.
* If a minor leak is found at the packing place during use, tighten the stem nut slightly until the leak stops and do not continue to tighten.
* Long-term open storage will cause the valve body and parts to rust and cannot be used normally. Ball valves shall be stored in a rainproof, waterproof, moisture-proof location and shall be covered with a flange. Valve stored for more than 12 months should be retested when used to ensure stable performance.
Please visit http://www.adamantvalves.com/ for more information.